In addition to The Village in Oakland, there are a few groups in our city that also serve the homeless. However, we don’t trust all organizations that supposedly serve the unhoused.
As you know thru experience, many of the homeless non-profits and city of oakland services are poverty pimps, opportunists, bullies and abusive, are really don’t help but cause more harm, disrespect, anxiety and depression.
Are you currently unhoused in Oakland or Berkeley and in need of support? Below are a list of organizations, resources and services that unhoused members and leaders of The Village in Oakland have turned to for support or worked with in the past. We trust these organizations listed below and want to share with you:
- St Mary’s Center: Sunday Dinners, 925 Brockhurst St. – Doors open 11am. Meal at 12:30. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- The East Oakland Collective: call 510-990-0775 to find out about how to get hot meals and grocereis
- The Village in Oakland: call 510-355-7010 to be added to our weekly food and grocery delivery
Is the city of Oakland, Cal Trans or another entity is harrassing you, harming you, threatening you with eviction or threw away your property?
• East Bay Community Law Center: https://ebclc.org
• National Lawyers Guild Right To Shelter Working Group: https://nlgsf.org/programs-committees/nlg-sfba-programs/right-to-shelter/
- LifeLong Medical: https://lifelongmedical.org
- Berkeley Free Clinic: https://www.berkeleyfreeclinic.org
- Roots Community Medical Center: https://rootsclinic.org/care/
- Street Level Health Project: http://streetlevelhealthproject.org/health-access-program-2/
- TRUST Clinic: https://ppf.ucsf.edu/trust-clinic-alameda-county-health-care-homeless
- Street Level Health Project: http://oaklanddaylabor.com
- BOSS: https://www.self-sufficiency.org/services
- Village in Oakland: call 510-355-7010 to learn more about how to be part of our artist collective and gain opportunities to get paid employment facilitating mural production in curbside communities; or if you are interested in becoming a paid correspondent of Word On The Curb.
Harm Reduction, Recovery & Rehab
- Punks With Lunches: https://www.punkswithlunch.org
- HEPAC: https://heppac.org/services-2/
- Cherry Hill Detoification Center: https://www.horizonservices.org/cherry-hill-detoxification
Transitional Housing, Emergency Shelter
- St. Mary’s: https://stmaryscenter.org/transitional-housing-shelter/
- The Village in Oakland: call 510-355-7010 to see if we have any emergency hotel vouchers available.
- Building Futures: https://bfwc.org/services/homelessness/
- Building Futures: https://bfwc.org/services/domestic-violence/
- Ruby’s Place (for women escaping domestic violence, human trafficking and violent crimes): https://www.rubysplace.org
- Tri-Valley Shelter: https://trivalleyhaven.org/shelter/
- Click this link for a full list of shelters
Getting you ID and benefits?
- Homeless Action Center: http://homelessactioncenter.org